Sunday, March 11, 2007

March 2007

Wow! It is nearly spring time again and I am loving it! It is probably about 60 degrees outside now if not more on March 10th and I hope this is the beginning of the warm weather. I know we have a history of one more cold spot during March but hey, I can be optimistic can't I!

Yesterday I went to see a movie called "300". It was breathtaking! It was Violent and bloody no doubt but it was the context of the movie, so I expected no less. I dislike senseless violence in a movie but when it is about a war I can deal with it. This was done by Frank Rich, written anyway. He also wrote "Sin City" which I thought was over the top in violence yet was still entertaining. This one was more to my liking since I am into ancient history and battles of this nature. I did some research on this historic battle and the movie was surprisingly very accurate historically from what I have read so far. I will do a little more study to see if it holds up.

Update!!! It looks like "300" has broken all March records for opening weekend. I am not surprised, this movie was brilliant in many ways and the story was extremely compelling. I am looking forward to seeing it again on the BIG screen before I get the DVD, this is a must to add to any collection of Gladiator style movies....

I will comment more on this movie after I see it again but I will give it a quick two spears up and rate it an 8.5 for now.

later....

No comments: