Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Get Motivated!

We change as we get older.  Our bodies tend to ache at times, we gain weight often and even our minds tend to lose a step or two in regards to memory.  Does it have to be this way?


Not according to this guy!


  Sure we will change with age but can we reverse the aging process?  I am working on that problem as are many more folks like me.  Once I approached 50, I started thinking in terms of what my life would be like for the next 20 or 30 years, if I'm blessed to live that long.  I decided I wanted to make the best of it and I started training in Aikido, then Combat Hapkido.  My job is also very physical so I had to get into much better condition just to keep up with all I had going.  Not to mention the fact that I have seen too many people eat themselves into oblivion in these later years and become so out of shape that they can't even walk up a small flight of steps without needing oxygen.  I knew I did not want to be like that.

My workouts were OK for a few years then I stepped it up.  With the help of a personal trainer I learned new techniques to help me reach some goals.  Now, with a body-weight workout of my own design, I am reaching goals and going beyond!

You can too!  As I have said many times all you need to do is get your mind right.  Once you find the proper motivation it is ON!  I still remember one evening several years ago I was having a cold beer with a friend and I told him when I reached 50 I wanted to be in the best shape of my life.  His response?  He laughed...



Now, at 53 I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life and intend to keep pushing until I see just how fit I can be.


What's your motivation?


No comments: